About permissions for users

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Hi

I deployed your solution on a test environment, I've created a new test user with guest permissions on the site where the webpart is enabled but with this user I receive the "This site has not been shared with you, request permission". With my user I can see the fields to change the password.

I've changed the test user to the owner group of the site but I still can't change the password. If I send the request for access to the site no e-mail is sent to the administrator.

What other permissions does normal user on AD need so they can change their passwords?.

Kind regards and thanks for all your help.
Coordinator
May 13, 2014 at 1:30 PM
In AD there is a permission level which allows a user to change its own password - you need to give the users that ability in AD to make this work.
May 13, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Thanks for your answer. What I found out is that this issue only affects one site collection I have implemented, I've created a new site collection and now users can change the password without any problem.

After implementing your solution I would like to know if there's any chance to add it as a webpart.

Kind regards!.
Coordinator
May 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM
It has to be permissions related to that site collection then, did you lock down access to /_layouts for that site collection by any chance in your first site collection where it was not working?

I don't have a webpart for it, but yes that can be a good enhancement to this. I will try and include a webpart to it.
May 22, 2014 at 5:46 PM
I finally found out what the issue was, I needed to give permissions to the users to access the root site collection, after that users can change the password without issues.

Now I've found another problem. After changing the password user can access the site with both, the old and new password.

I'm not sureif you were aware of this.