Password Policy

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Every time I try to change the password I got this error
"The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements."

I need to know:
  1. Is the Password Policy related to AD Policy or you have your own policy ?
  2. the application pool of application need any permission on AD to change the password ?
Regards,
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Edited Oct 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  1. It is the same AD policy in effect - nothing from SP side or from this tool. (You will get the same error if you try to change your password from the ctrl+alt+delete screen in windows)
  2. No permissions required - it changes the password from the user context - the only thing you do need is that in AD the user should be allowed to change his/her own password
Marked as answer by tifa2100 on 10/31/2013 at 7:11 AM
Oct 31, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Thanks jasjitchopra, web part works with me .... but I have another question please :$

Can I disable "AD user property attribute for the link to a page with detailed info" because I need to hide Phone property but even after remove it from "AD user property attributes for user list" it still appear on the popup page.

Regards in advance.
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I don't understand how this relates to my tool? Can you send the screen shot and explain where exactly you want what changes done?
Nov 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Hi,
I have the same problem as tifa2010. When I try to change my password, I receive the following exception :
"The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements."

I'm administrator of the AD domain, so I check 'User must change password on next connection' (translation from french) and then connect into the domain. I tried then to change my password according to the password policy (the same I tried to enter into your swp), and it passed (My password as been changed).

Please could you help me? What kind of information do you need ?

Thanks a lot,
JB

Informations : 3/3 sharepoint 2013 enterprise edition. Windows 2012 R2 on AD and APP and 2012 on FRONT.
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM
If you changed your password policy - you have to use the restrictions there. My setup uses the same. The password history is a big one! So make sure you use a unique new password meeting the policy requirements.

I am not doing anything in my code. It is invoking exactly the same change password as one would from the ctrl+alt+delete from a client machine.
Nov 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Edited Nov 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Hi,
Sorry for late in reply
In [AD user property attributes for user list (delimiter ",")] I removed the mobile number as below

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#9inryy8i0xwbzpb

and It disappear from the default view successfully, but when I click on the link for any employee it gives me the mobile info in pop up as below

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#rivshx6ty9avyg6

I need to prevent mobile number from display in any location
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Tifa2100 - Your files on medishare are set to pivate and if you have questions outside this tool please as them here: www.sharepoint-community.net
Dec 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM
jasjitchopra - Please check now .. the issue is related to the tool not SharePoint.

Thanks in advance,
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
This user info screen is not from my tool - so not my problem - check with your SP Admin.
Feb 20, 2014 at 2:37 AM
when i used the ad, right click the user and select reset password, i can change it to the password i wanted.
but i got the message as u: The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements. with the same password...

i wonder why?
Feb 20, 2014 at 3:15 AM
all right i know why, group policy change the min duration password using. (Forgive for my poul english...)

best regards
Mar 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2014 at 8:43 PM
great webpart thanks.